Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Plants in the ground

Plants in the ground, plants in the ground, lookin' like a fool with my plants in the ground.

Well it has finally happened.  After two months of dodging wind and rain I finally have some plants in the soil.  Ten corn plants went in along with the seed for 55 others.  I just experimented with starting corn in a starting pod for fun and it seemed to work.

Hot Corn Action

I was also able to get 16 Green Bell Pepper plants in.  I'm hoping they cross pollinate and produce peppercorns.  Ouch... sorry.

Green Bell Peppers with Straw Mulch 
The blog has been updated to display a Flickr photo-stream, and the overall aesthetic is striving towards something better, so hopefully this will soon be a little nicer venue for me to talk to myself on.  Tonight I am trying to get the tomatoes and cucumbers in the ground too because they feel left out.  More on that tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. that looks wonderful! is that on the farm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nevermind, i saw the other pictures.
    thanks for sharing
    wanna build a fence for us too? :)

    ReplyDelete