Thursday, June 16, 2011

Moonbeans

As I was quietly trying to sleep last night I kept noticing how bright it was outside.  After deciding that it just wasn't time for me to shut down I got up, grabbed a camera and headed ou t to my garden.  The moon was unbelievable bright and the reflection off the neighbors pond in the distant made the ground look like a circular, wiggly LCD screen in the middle of the field.  I hadn't spent much time at night in the new garden, and it was an interesting change.  The ground crawled with peculiar insects, and the leaves glistened with dampness in the humid air.  I could see everything.  It was truly like standing there just before dawn only it was shortly before midnight.

Night Trellis

After spending 30 minutes or so I decided to turn in, but this might be the beginning of a regular routine.  This morning I noticed that several beans are breaking the surface of the ground after a week, so I'm excited to see the newest members of the garden.

Emergence... looks like fun.

If you are looking to see Mumford and Sons cover The National's song "England"...click THIS.

If not please reconsider now that you are aware of it's existence.
I giving props to Wes "Wubbie" Lankford for posting it last night... well done sir.


No comments:

Post a Comment