Friday, June 10, 2011

Early Riser

I've never been one to get up immediately when the alarm goes off.  To tell you the truth... if Amy wouldn't physically wake me up I probably wouldn't hear the alarm 8 out of 10 times. However, it's been a little easier to rise lately because of my new early morning watering ritual.  since the heat index has been in the mid-90's for a week, and the plants are new to the ground I've been giving them a pretty good drink most mornings.  They seem to appreciate it.  It's been nice to get outside first thing and experience a little peace before going to the mill, and I can honestly say I'm in a better mood when I arrive than I used to be. Not sure why...

Good morning garden... you thirsty?
Here's some photographic evidence of the cukes in the ground.  I'm using a trellis method on some and some cages on the others.  I've never tried either way, but it seems like it will make training the vines and harvesting much easier.

Arch de Cucumb
Lastly it looks like we are finally going to get some rain this weekend.  Not the kind that washes away plans, but instead makes plants happy.  The southern sky looked busier this morning than it has in a while.  Oh... and bonus find in the old milk barn.  I found some pieces of metal perfect for pole beans, so I am planting those this afternoon.

Hello rain clouds.. hello pole bean accoutrements.

If you are struggling to get to quitin' time I recommend THIS!!!
Have a great weekend.



2 comments:

  1. Great Photos! Great commentary! Great photo names! You have wonderful ways with the language.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete