Thursday, June 9, 2011

Helping Hands

I've come to realize that it's a lot of work putting in a garden, but I've enjoyed the time spent in the dirt.  But one thing I didn't think about when I set out to do this was just how much time it takes.  It's not that I mind spending the time doing this, instead it's the time that I'm away from the house and leave Amy to look after a very energetic 3 year old and an almost crawling 9 month old.  Without her understanding and patience with me and this project it wouldn't be half of what it has become.  Thanks babe.

I did get some very needed assistance installing the cucumber trellis last night, and below is a short video showing the Johnson family in action.  Maggie was sitting just outside the shot, and you can hear a squeal of approval from her toward the end of the video.  Macklen was very found of the trellis because he thought it looked like a tunnel... just wait until those cucumbers start growing around that thing Mack... you're gonna love it.  I can imagine days in the future where the whole family can participate in this and it makes me smile.




I left the camera at work last night so no new shots today, but 3 more tomato plants are in as well as 11 cucumber plants and 5 watermelon hills.  I had room for some pole beans so I'll plant them tomorrow.  Then a little more mulching with straw and we start weeding, watering and waiting.

3 comments:

  1. That is a very cute video. I love the part where Macklen is kicking at the dirt, in the fast motion it looks like he is dancing. :)

    ReplyDelete